Nov 25, 2016

Foxy painting

Some painting I did at art class I've been attending this fall. Learned some new stuff there so far.

Nov 13, 2016

Wheelbarrow project

A little commission project I did during october-november, painting a wheelbarrow with some simple flower and landscape theme of sorts.
Some progress from start to base paint and some flowers and details.
 Fully finished and assembled wheelbarrow.

Mar 5, 2016

Jewelry of 2016, part three

Black glass beads with silver links.
Same as above, but added some gold links between first one, and replaced silver bits with gold bits completely in second one.
Viking jewelry stuff I've during the class where we're learning how to make them. Thin one is made from 0.4mm silver-plated copper wire, thick one is made from bronze and colorful ones from painted aluminium wire.

Feb 3, 2016

Jewelry of 2016, part one

Been crafting some jewelry again. Here's slight variation of one I made lately, with full set of earrings, bracelet and necklace. Used smaller beads this time for the necklace and hooks for the earrings.

Been a while... here's some new crafts

Some things I've crafted around last year.
...well I guess there was only one I could find photos of for now. Some thingy I made from feathers and reindeer antlers. :D

Feb 9, 2015

Skyrim airbrushing project

Started up new airbrushing project while I'm doing them again around... So, here's a bit of repainting my old work desk I've had now about 20 years.
First step was to remove the old stickers and tape and stuff accumulated onto the drawers and then sandpaper the wood into something paintable... Tried using my airbrush to paint the base at first, but then again, it seemed to take way long to coat so I just bought couple spray cans and used those. Worked much better. (need to get bigger airbrush one day).
Next thing to do was make the stencil... printed out couple images of the skyrim imperial logo and drew it bigger onto masking film.
Started painting the image. Aimed for something worn metallish texture, seemed to work at first, but I forgot to add the texture as I added details so it kinda turned tad bit too smooth, I think. Also, the small amounts of silver and platinum colors didn't quite take... there was bit of trouble with those colors anyway. Finally, added some smoke effects around the image.
And here's the final product. There's small spot on the left side of topmost drawer and another on the right at bottom drawer, I didn't mix the varnish well enough during one of the layers so it kinda... 'ate' the paint under it. Had to sandpaper off the areas and re-apply the base paint and varnish again, but luckily the image didn't suffer at all.

Next thing to do is get new handles and clean up the keyhole so it's finished up. After that, to get the other parts done, I guess.


Something I painted during christmas 2014. Was rather large painting, too. Was fun to mess around with acrylics though.

Dec 10, 2014

Jewelries again

Another necklace finished today. Making just slightly different ones from earlier ones. This one's first of many more to be done...

Dec 5, 2014

More jewelry! Part 2

Some more jewelries I've managed to create lately. Mostly same design, but in various colors. Here's Beige, Green, Orange-red, Red, White and Pink.